Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update on Hamish the Haggis

Firstly I'm getting hungry just thinking about him... But, I'm beginning to wonder if by the time he gets here I will have become so personally involved that I can't find it in my heart to eat the poor little beastie.

Anyway, after his clearance delay at Oslo, he sobered up enough to pass the breath test this morning and was released.
Of course, this being Norway, nothing happens quickly... I guess he's been indoctrinated into the Norwegian lifestyle all day as he's had to sit around Oslo until 20.21 tonight.. Assuming he's been denied access to alcohol, he's most likely been eating cake and drinking coffee.. Now, Norwegian cakes are GOOD, and I mean REALLY GOOD, (coffee is crap, but best not say too much about that).. So Hamish is likely to arrive here heavier than he started out.. YUM YUM. ;)

So, I'm sitting here drooling over my keyboard, trying to remember what Haggis tastes like. Wondering if I can afford a bottle of whisky to drink a toast to this wonderful creature, and Chieftain of the Puddin Race, when he arrives....
Or should I just eat the bugger first and celebrate later?? Because if a real Scot like Hamish gets near whisky there will be nothing left for me.

These questions and more may be answered later. Or earlier, if our broadband connection speeds up. ;)

Yun's aa fir enoo

1 comment: