Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer in West Norway is confusing.

This is my 4th summer here, and I'd almost given up hope of any real summer happening this year.
I've never put away my winter jacket, or winter boots, this year. Every second day was a downpour of rain, and the sun was just a memory from the previous 3 gorgeous summers.
I'd been warned that sometimes summer gives West Norway a miss, and I was starting to believe it. But this week has been pure magic. Temperatures have been in the high 20s, and our thermometer actually hit 30.6C this afternoon. Only problem is that this has happened on the first week back to work after the cold and rainy holidays.
So, working in heavy overalls, with welders and cutting torches. Sweat dripping from every inch of my body. I'm maybe not the happiest person at the moment. But I'm living in the certain knowledge that within a few short months I'll be complaining about temperatures that are colder than anything I ever knew when I lived in Shetland.

Oh Lord, isn't it heavenly, the ability you gave Shetlanders to bitch and complain about the weather.. Shetlanders are good at being weather pessimists. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment