Friday, March 12, 2010

First Post.

Well where do I start when it comes to doing something I've never done before.
At the beginning I guess.
I've been meaning to do this for ages, but time is always a problem, and unless you make time for some things it never gets done.
So here goes.....

Under my real name I am a regular editor on a website, which is styled on Wikipedia, about Shetland. You can have a look at it here:
http://shetlopedia.com/Main_Page
It's a hobby which wastes a fair bit of my spare time, and is also accountable for most of my grey hairs.
Tonight I've been trying to add pictures and details of the latest Viking fire festival in Shetland. The South Mainland Up Helly Aa, some details of which are here:
http://shetlopedia.com/South_Mainland_Up_Helly_Aa

It's strange, sitting here in Norway, looking at pictures from Shetland, because Shetland, which was my home until 3 years ago, was a place I never thought of leaving. But as of the 29th of this month it will be 3 years since I waved goodbye to those island shores and started a new life in West Norway.

Life in Norway is much simpler, slower, and lovely than life in Shetland. And I hope with this blog to show the difference, or at least to show how happy I am with life in Norway.

I may not post something every day, or what I post some days may not be worth reading, but bear with me.
Once I figure this out there will be loads of pictures coming, and this area of Norway is the very best for pictures.

Cheers,
Da Auld Een

No comments:

Post a Comment